[Herodotus2010] Pompeii exhibit at The Discovery Center in NYC

Nan Okarma nanmar at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 18:00:39 UTC 2011

For those of you who weren't on the call before we started, I mentioned I had gone to see the Pompeii exhibit at the Discovery Center in NYC on Sunday. It was very interesting on its own, but also because some of the frescoes and artifacts dated from the 5th century BC (the time we are reading about now in Herodotus).

If you are in the NYC area or are traveling there through September 5, I highly recommend the exhibit.

Link to the Discovery Center:

http://www.discoverytsx.com/

Review of the exhibit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/04/arts/design/04vesuvius.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&src=dayp