[Herodotus2010] Listen to the Herodotus Introduction online

d l zetousa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:42:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm Debi. I taught Latin (and occasionally ancient Greek) at the high school
level for about seven years. Eventually I went back to school myself for
higher degrees and am now teaching part time as an adjunct professor in the
Classics at St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia...Latin or courses in
translation like "Ancient Tragedy", "Mythology", and "Classical Epic" (i.e.,
Homer).

I also am involved in teaching a couple of courses called "Intellectual
Heritage" at Temple University which cover an amazing span of subjects and
authors in order to acquaint undergrads with the iconic texts of the modern
world.

I haven't read any Herodotus for years and thought that this would be a good
time to renew my love of his Histories. Reading in a group is always more
fun than reading alone!

When not involved in teaching I keep busy hiking and canoeing with my
husband and our two dogs. Nic, my husband, is joining me in this Herodotus
reading group experience.

Looking forward to reading with you,
Debi