[Herodotus2010] Listen to the Herodotus Introduction online

James Stathis james at celebrategreece.com
Tue Oct 12 20:07:55 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Though I could not attend the first meeting I plan to catch up via the
podcast of the meeting.  I hope to 'meet' everyone the next time around.

I am James Stathis, an American-Greek and award-winning ancient & modern
Greece documentary filmmaker and I founded CelebrateGreece.com.  I created
the website to share with the world my passion for Greece’s history,
culture, traditions, food and travel destinations.  My lifelong passion for
Greece was ignited like an Olympic torch when I first traveled to Greece
with my family at age 13.  I am presently producing Greece: Spirits of the
Ancients <http://www.celebrategreece.com/media.aspx?ID=50>® (documentary)
which showcases the amazing times, stories and accomplishments from ancient
Greece that have touched so many individuals, societies and cultures of our
world.  Along with my wife Cynthia, I am also the director and co-producer
of A Greek Islands Destination Cooking
Class<http://www.celebrategreece.com/media.aspx?ID=38>(DVD), which was
voted as the #1
New York Times’ About.com culinary-travel DVD
gift<http://www.celebrategreece.com/images/NYTimesAboutdotcomGiftChoice.jpg>
.

CelebrateGreece.com is a growing online, video collection of Greece, Greek
culture and history.  We will be launching an expanded, new version of the
website in about a month.  We independently produce, archive and offer video
journeys exploring modern and ancient Greece.  We reach, inform, educate and
inspire worldwide audiences of all ages to celebrate Greece's everlasting
ancient roots and modern historical and cultural traditions.   Our mission
is to continue providing original Greek-themed productions produced by
CelebrateGreece.com as well as representing talented, independent filmmakers
who are aligned with our mission.

I find I can never learn enough about the ancients and the wisdom they
continue to feed to us all.  I like to say that history and culture
remembered allow us to know where we have been, who we are and where we are
going.

Best, James

--
Dr. James Stathis